Hazardex 2019 Awards – Technical Innovation Award Nomination
We are very proud to have been nominated for Hazardex’s Technical Innovation Award and we need your vote today.
The nomination acknowledges our commitment to innovation excellence and really motivates our team to continue the good work with a sense of pride.
Please take a few seconds to Vote for us by clicking the VOTE NOW button below.
Please share this page if you’d like to encourage your colleagues to vote for us too.
Here are some details about our Electro-Pneumatic Power Supply:
The Electro-Pneumatic Power Supply (EPPS) delivers Ex ia power from compressed air.
The EPPS offers an innovative and cost effective alternative on sites where compressed air is available. It is simple to install and reduces maintenance requirements by eliminating the need to replace batteries, thereby increasing the potential to improve safety and reliability by employing more of the growing number of intrinsically safe devices on the market.
The EPPS is a revolution in the development of Intrinsically Safe (Ex ia) power supplies. Driven by small amounts of compressed air it has removed the need for expensive cable runs through the Hazardous area and local cabinets to house Ex i barriers or power supplies.
With power matched outputs ranging from 100mW to 5W, the EPPS enables the placement of Ex i equipment at the point of use. This fascilitates increased data monitoring and connectivity via Wi-Fi to enable OEM’s and end users to implement their Industry 4.0 strategies.
Specification & Certification
II 2 G Ex db [ia Ga] IIC T6 Gb
II 2 D Ex tb [ia Da] IIIC T66°C Db
IECEx UL 17.0016X
Ex db [ia Ga] IIC T6 Gb
Ex tb [ia Da] IIIC T66°C Db
Pressurization Medium: Compressed Air or Inert Gas Clean, dry, free from corrosive gases
Temperature range: -50°C to +65°C (-58°F to +149°F)
Supply pressure: 2.5 barg (30 psig) regulated
- Compact and self-contained module
- Maintenance Free, Totally Enclosed design
- Low air consummation with minimal impact on site demand profile.
- Ex ia output from 100mW – 5W
- Installed in ATEX, IECEx Zones 1 and 2 or Class I, II, III, Divisions 1 and 2 with output into Zone 0
The EPPS can be used wherever compressed air is available and an intrinsically safe electrical supply is required such as:
- Serial communications
- Monitoring devices
- Safety devices such as fire detectors
- Control devices such as solenoid valves
Wireless Sensor Networks
- Hundreds of small, low power sensors, often battery powered, form a wireless network
- WSNs in hazardous areas made popular by WirelessHART (IEC 62591) and ISA100.11a standards
- Wireless devices for monitoring, control and safety • Continuous and pervasive monitoring
- Reduce need for manual maintenance inspections