Expo to build its largest, most complex enclosure
This custom nitrogen purged & pressurized enclosure will enable optimisation of a new ethylene production process inside a laboratory. This process heats ethylene beyond its ignition temperature.
Expo’s enclosure features:
- 3m x 3m x 2m: the largest enclosure yet built by Expo, custom designed for this application.
- Enclosure splits horizontally: designed to fit through an existing set of doors at the clients factory, without incurring additional building costs.
- +/- 2mm manufacturing tolerances: tight integration with the clients process unit framing, for direct assembly in the laboratory.
- Nitrogen purging: capable of handling potential release of material above auto-ignition temperature.
- Door interlocks: doors stay locked on power failure, until the auto shutdown procedure completes and hazardous material is removed.
- Bursting discs: designed to automatically vent into a blow-down system under catastrophic failure conditions.
Traditionally, such a pilot plant would require a freely ventilated external construction. The Expo nitrogen purged enclosure enables that pilot plant to be built inside the laboratory, safe and securely accessible for process optimization.