Pressurization for Rooms RP Max Z
Protects an accessible room in a Class I Div 2 or Zone 2 hazardous area. RP Max-Z Ex pz room pressurizing units provide:
- North America: Type Z Class I Div 2 Gp C&D room pressurization – NPFA 496 2008;
- Rest of World: Zone 2 IIB CAT 3 ATEX – IEC 60079-13 – Equipment protection by pressurized room “p”.
An TFTC or ATEX/IEC Ex fan draws in clean, uncontaminated typically through an 24ft, 8m high inlet stack. The units maintain a slight positive air-pressure in the room, compensating for:
- normal air-leakage
- leakage when someone opens a single or double-width door.
Common applications for Expo’s Room Pressurizing units include:
- Rest Room;
- Analyser House;
- Operator Room;
- Local Switch Room;
- Refuge for emergencies.
Benefits of RP Max Z Room Pressurization
No false alarms when door opens: Unit speeds up to maintain positive air-pressure
- High Rate Ventilation: 0.3m/sec, 60fpm;
- Certified Fan Motor: ATEX Ex II 2G C II B T3 or NEC TFTC;
- Non-sparking construction
Efficient Air Handling: no wasted energy :
- Automatic fan speed control.
- 10 second delay avoids dumping air.
Clean Fresh Air: easy changeable and effective filters. Options:
- Sand Trap: prevent ingress of dust or sand in, e.g. desert locations.
- Additional filtration devices.
- Low pressure
- System Fault, e.g. Fan Failure
- Audible Alarm
Integrated with plant-wide fire and gas systems. External inputs to:
- Shuts down fan, e.g. in case of gas detection;
- Force high air-flow rate, e.g. to clear gas ;
- Motor protection
- Control circuitry protection.
- Visual display of room pressure.
Options for RP Max Z Room Pressurization
Entrance: Ventilation capacity for single or double door
- 1 door: 3000 m3/hr, 1800 cfm, ventilation capacity;
- 2 door: 5000 m3/hr, 3000 cfm, ventilation capacity;
- Higher ventilation capacities available.
- Through wall mounting;
- In-room mounting;
- With or without fire damper;
Operating Temperature Range:
- Standard: -20ºC to 40ºC, -4ºF to 104ºF;
- High Temperature: +60ºC, +140ºF
Inlet stack style:
- Direct intake, no stack;
- Stack intake, 2 metres, 6ft, height;
- Stack intake, 8 metres, 24ft, height;
- Standard: Polyester powder coated mild steel
- Option: Stainless Steel.
System for Pressurizing Rooms
RP Max Z Manual
Click here to request drawings:
We’d like to earn your business
We’d be delighted to discuss your requirements. For
- North America contact Matthew Dudones;
- Rest of World contact Mike O’Neill.