X Dust Protection 1XDP/PM/**
|Purge Type||Dust Protection Type X|
|Area:||Class II Div 1, Zone 21||Equipment Content:||Unclassified|
|Purging Action||Pressurization only||Maintains positive pressure, compensates for air leaks from enclosure|
|Enclosure Size||Unrestricted||depends on air leakage from enclosure|
|Mounting Style||Panel Mount||Mounts externally through the enclosure wall. Minimal piping.|
|Alarm Output||Integral Switch – IS or NI or Pneumatic Output||Volt free, Dry contact or 2 barg (30psi) signal for Alarm/Pressurized|
X Type Dust Protection Operation
Install regular electrical equipment in a Zone 21 or Class II Division 1 area.
Operate dust protection units as follows:
- Prior to operating the electrical equipment, international regulations require operators to clean the enclosure and remove accumulated dust;
- Then operators can start the Dust Protection unit, which prevents hazardous dust entering the enclosure, by monitoring and maintaining a minimum pressure of 0.5” water column.
X Type Dust Protection units’ provide clear status indications:
- Green – Pressurized: And, the unit energises the remote output. The pneumatic option (/PO) goes high. The volt-free contact option (/IS) is closed. The /IS is for use with other intrinsically safe or non-incendive control equipment;
- Red – Pressure fail: either failure to achieve pressurization or loss of pressure. The remote output is de-energised, i.e. /PO option gives no output, and /IS contact option is open. The low pressure alarm setting is 2.5 mbar, 1″WC.
X Type Dust Protection Features
X Type Dust Protection units are:
- Complete with:
- Control unit (CU): Pneumatic logic to monitor and control air-flow and pressure. It also controls the system output i.e. the pneumatic signal or volt-free contact closure.
- Relief valve (RLV): Over-pressure protection for the enclosure.
- ATEX: IEC/EN 61241-4 Cat 2 Ex[p] IIIC T85°C,
- cFMus: NPFA 496 Class II Div 1,
- IECEx: IEC/EN 61241-4 Zone 1 Ex[p] IIC T85°C,
- INMETRO: ABNT NBR IEC 60079-2, Zone 1 Ex[p] IIC T85°C.
- Output Options: Specifiy
- /IS: Intrinsically Safe (I.S) output – Dry contracts for switching non-incendive or intrinsically safe circuits;
- /PO: Pneumatic Output – “Alarm” OK is at main supply 60 psi, 4 bar;
- Manual or Automatic:
- Can be manually controlled, based on pressurization status;
- Or interfaced to other automatic control systems.
- Panel Mount: mount control unit on side or front of pressurized enclosure.
- Corrosion Resistant: 316L stainless steel enclosure and fittings.
- Space, Time and Money Saving:
- No interconnecting pipework, as control unit mounts on the enclosure;
- Gain maximum use of internal space within enclosure.
- Accessories: MiniPurge Interface Units (MIU), provide isolation, e.g:
- MIU/dA: Driven by the pneumatic signal, this external enclosure, rated Ex d IIC T5, contains a 4-pole contactor for power, and a SPCO dry contact for alarm.
- Note: MIU with /PO can be used for remote alarm and power disconnect. Pipe the pneumatic output from the Control Unit via a T piece to the “Alarm/Pressurized” actuator and the Power Disconnect actuator on the MIU.
- MZ-1CF-23-GA General Arrangement Drawing
- XBR-8TD0-010 ZorY CF and DP pm quick installation guide
- XSD-RTD0-001 Relief Valve