Z Type Dust Protection 1ZDP/PM/**
|Purge Type||Dust Protection Type Z|
|Area:||Class II Div 2, Zone 22||Equipment Content:||Unclassified|
|Purging Action||Pressurization only||Maintains positive pressure, compensates for air leaks from enclosure|
|Enclosure Size||Unrestricted||depends on air leakage from enclosure|
|Mounting Style||Panel Mount||Mounts externally through enclosure wall. Minimal piping.|
|Alarm Output||Integral Switch – IS or NI||Volt free, Dry contact|
Z Type Dust Protection Operation
Install uncertified electrical equipment in a Zone 22 or Class II Division 2 area.
Operate dust protection units as follows:
- Prior to operating the electrical equipment, international regulations require operators to clean the enclosure and remove accumulated dust;
- Then operators can start the Dust Protection unit, which prevents hazardous dust entering the enclosure, by monitoring and maintaining a minimum pressure of 0.5” water column.
Z Type Dust Protection units’ provide clear status indications:
- Green – Pressurized: And, the unit energises the remote output. The pneumatic option (/PO) goes high. The volt-free contact option (/IS) is closed. The /IS is for use with other intrinsically safe or non-incendive control equipment;
- Red – Pressure fail: either failure to achieve pressurization or loss of pressure. The remote output is de-energised, i.e. /PO option gives no output, and /IS contact option is open.
Z Type Dust Protection Features
Z Type Dust Protection units are:
- Complete with:
- Control unit (CU): Pneumatic logic to monitor and control air-flow and pressure. It also controls the system output i.e. the pneumatic signal or volt-free contact closure.
- Relief valve (RLV): Over-pressure protection for the enclosure.
- ATEX: IEC/EN 61241-4,
- cFMus: NPFA 496,
- IECEx: IEC/EN 61241-4,
- INMETRO: ABNT NBR IEC 60079-2.
- Output Options: Specifiy
- /IS: Intrinsically Safe (I.S) output – Dry contracts for switching non-incendive or intrinsically safe circuits;
- /PO: Pneumatic Output – “Alarm” OK is at main supply 60 psi 4 bar;
- Panel Mount: mount control unit on front or side of pressurized enclosure.
- Panel mount option also enables the intrinsically safe (I.S) outputs to connect to general purpose circuits inside the enclosure.
- Corrosion Resistant: 316L stainless steel enclosure and fittings.
- Space, Time and Money Saving:
- No interconnecting pipework, as control unit mounts on the enclosure;
- Gain maximum use of internal space within enclosure.
- Manual or Automatic:
- Can be manually controlled, based on pressurization status;
- Or interfaced to other automatic control systems.
- Accessories: MIU interface units, which provide isolation, e.g:
- MIU/dA: Driven by the pneumatic signal, this external enclosure, rated Ex d IIC T5, contains a 4-pole contactor for power, and a SPCO dry contact for alarm.
- MZ-1CF-23-GA General Arrangment Drawing
- XBR-8TD0-010 Quick Installation Guide
- XSD-RTD0-001 Relief Valve