|Purge Type||X inert gas or air purge|
|Area:||Class I Zone 1, Zone 1, Zone 21||Equipment content||Unclassified|
|Purging Action||Programmable: leakage compensation or continuous flow|
|Purging Explained||Either high flow rate during purge and compensation for leakage afterwards or same flow rate during and after purge|
|Enclosure Size||up to 187 cu ft||up to 5.3m3|
|Mounting Style||SS316L Box||Mounts externally on the enclosure wall. Minimal piping.|
|Alarm Output||Two selectable alarms + auxiliary inputs||Alarms:||Two single pole 1A, 250V AC1|
The SmartPurge II is our most advanced purge unit. First it purges the enclosure of hazardous gas, then maintains a positive gas-pressure preventing hazardous gas entering the enclosure.
Install uncertified equipment in Class I Div 1, Zone 1 hazardous areas. The SmartPurge II features:
- Universally Applicable: Leakage compensation or continuous flow purging;
- Quickly Purge: Reduce downtime, due to high air-flow capacity:
- Leakage Compensation 110-510 NI/min, 3.9-19.1 cu ft/min;
- Continuous Flow: 10-510 NI/min, 0.35 – 19.1 cu ft/min.
- Field Programmable:
- Field program timers and control signals to connect & disconnect power depending on purge system status via interposing relays. Relays rated up to 6A at 250 VAC or 5A at 30 VDC.
- Configurable inputs/outputs
- Two selectable alarms;
- Auxiliary inputs for override keyswitch, door switch, or intermediate pressure switch.
- Purges Large Enclosures: up to 5.3 m3 187 cu ft.
- Robust: 316L Stainless Steel construction, for:
- Corrosive environments.
The SmartPurge II is easy to install. It is:
- Complete with:
- Control unit;
- Spark arrestor;
- Relief valve.
- Universal Mounting: easy to integrate into existing or custom enclosures:
- Mount controller with its integral purge outlet in any orientation.
What’s more, the SmartPurge II is easy to operate:
- IEC 61508 Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 2
- Wide Temperature Range:
- -20°C or -4°F, to
- +60°C, 140°F.
- Universal power supply:
- 90-254 V AC or 11-28 V DC.
- FM USA;
- FM Canada;
SmartPurge II Additional Components
When ordering, select the appropriate system components:
- Cable Glands – SP2-GK: Select the most suitable cable glands for your hazardous area application. IECEx and ATEX certified cable glands supplied separately to the SmartPurge II controller unit.
- Digital Valve – SP2-DV: This intrinsically safe device switches between purge-flow and leakage compensation.
- Continuous Flow Kit: SP2-CF: For Continuous Flow applications. This is suitable for low flow rate applications. e.g. Cooling, or diluting hazardous gas generated inside the enclosure, requires a continuous air flow.
SmartPurge II Optional Accessories
Choose from the following optional accessories to enhance your system:
- Remote LED – SP2-RL: Intrinsically safe tri-colour LED provides Purge system status at a remote location.
- Mounts in 22mm hole.
- 2m 6ft cable attached
- Stainless steel bezel.
- Remote Panel – SP2 RP:
- LCD and 4 navigation button duplicates status & operation of SmartPurge II system up to 50m, 150ft from main control unit;
- Password protected override function;
- Intrinsically safe;
- SmartPurge Interface Unit– SIU: Flameproof interface for switching higher loads or additional signals.
- Override Switch SP2 – OS: Key-operated override switch, panel mounted, to bypass SmartPurge II Controller output signal.
- Splash Cover SP2 SC: Protects output valve from direct water jets.
- XMA STD0-001_2 SmartPurge2 Controller dimensions
- XMA STD0 001_6 SmartPurge2 SDV Assembly cutout
- XMA STD0 001_9 SmartPurge2 Controller cutout
- XMA STD0 001_10 SmartPurge2 Hook-up