Working with a world leading integrator of analysers to develop an Ex p solution for TOC analysis
Overview & Project Brief
The client is a multi-national integrator of gas and liquid analysers. This case study describes a project to develop custom purged & pressurized (Ex p) enclosures for a number of Total Organic Carbon (TOC) analysers. After the analysers were installed, and the systems inspected and certified, they were shipped to a petrochemical facility in the Middle East for integration into a water treatment facility in an area classified as Zone 2.
- Thermal management of the enclosures to ensure that the analysers remained in their operating temperature range once installed in a high ambient temperature environment
- Modification of the analysers to ensure compliance with Ex p standard IEC60079-2
- Specific project requirements on paint finish
- The resulting enclosures incorporated a range of thermal management features, including Armaflex insulation, a vortex cooler, as well as anti-condensation heating.
- Our engineers used their knowledge and experience to advise the integrator on the modifications needed for the analyser to comply with Ex p requirements
- We worked with a specialist paint shop to meet the paint specification
Expo products and services
- Custom enclosure design & manufacturing service
- Enclosure certification service
- Thermal management
- Expo consultancy services
- MiniPurge type Z